Wednesday, October 20, 2010

XOXO

Brycen is all about giving and receiving hugs and kisses these days.

I taught him how to blow kisses a week or two ago and now its part of the routine. Before Daddy leaves in the morning and at bedtime, Brycen has a routine that he gives Daddy a hug, Daddy kisses him on his forehead, and then Brycen waves and blows kisses as either Daddy walks out the door or we walk away to his room (at night).

Last week, he entered the whole "Mommy/Daddy kisses a boo-boo and it's ALL better!" stage and it's adorable.

And then this morning, I was siting on the couch eating a bowl of cereal and Brycen was standing in front of me on the ground. He came over to get a bite and after I gave him a bite and he swallowed, he continued to stand there wanting something else. I tried to give him another bite of cereal and he shook his head no. I then realized it looked like he was leaning his forehead up like he does when Daddy gives him a kiss on the forehead so I then gave him a kiss on the forehead and he shook his head no. Somehow, I came to the realization that it looked like he wanted to tell me a secret so I bent down, putting a side of my face towards him AND...he gave me a kiss on the cheek!! An actual kiss too! A "muah" and everything, not the slobbery mess like he used to give when he was six months old (even though that was adorable too). I know he sees Daddy give me kisses and I give him kisses on the cheek like 30x a day but to get it back was a complete surprise! He saw how happy it made me and did it throughout the rest of the day; when he couldn't reach my cheek, he would kiss my arm, leg, etc. These kinds of things make parenting all worth it :D

Yesterday, we went over to our friend's house. Brycen LOVES playing with my friend's little girls.
*hug*

Isn't she cute? She saw me taking a picture of Brycen and her older sister and wanted one too. She actually stood there and said, "Cheese!!" She's three months younger than Brycen but Brycen could definitely use some picture taking tips from her!

This is Brycen's idea of cooperating for the camera.

He is SUCH a pest! He took the "cheese" literally...

...and is showing you the cheese in his mouth. haha.

2 comments:

Dustin Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! You actually got a really cute picture of Moira! Madeline and Brycen are so cute!! Awww!!!

Tracy said...

That is so sweet. Makes me feel like a proud mom & he isn't even mine and he didnt even give me a kiss. Love it!