Saturday, October 16, 2010

Homecoming Week!

We are loving that Brycen is older this year!

Purdue Parade: Started basically right outside our apartment last night so we decided to take Brycen to see what he would think. We ended up attending with our dear friends from the ward that live in the next building over. They have three girls and had two more staying the night so we had quite the kid crew. Since we were at the very beginning of the parade and surprisingly there were few people around us, the parade people not only still had candy to hand out but were thrilled to see us and all the kids.

Brycen LOVED waving to all those that passed, dancing to the music, and never objected to having candy being thrown at his feet (even though I don't think he fully understands what candy is--which I don't mind--more for me and the hubby :). The Army even gave him a miniature basketball (the joy of being the only male kid in the group) and it made his night.

It was kind of like trick-or-treating on steroids... but not. The Parade lasted about 20 minutes, got about as much candy, but the candy came to US. Started 8pm, in bed by 8:30- just perfect.

Purdue Pete!





With the older girls-he LOVES when they include him and bring him along. The girl on the left is my friend's oldest girl and I overheard her telling her friend (on the right) who was spending the night, "This is my baby friend, Brycen".

They are so kind to us. It rocks his world.

P.S. Look at the size of their bags!! So many goodies, they were in heaven.

Bonfire: Tonight, one of Bryce's co-workers had a bonfire and since it's getting dark so much earlier these days, Brycen got to attend for a little bit before bedtime. He felt special and loved coming along.

On the way, we made a stop at Wallie World (aka Wal-mart) for a few things. Brycen makes sure he waves to almost every employee, especially the door greeters. If the the employees are busy, Brycen refuses to leave (stands in the middle, causes traffic problems) until he is able to say hi. Luckily, everyone thinks he is adorable and it is usually never a problem. I still have older women (Grandmas) that seek me out, as the mother, and tell me about their redheaded kids and grandkids and how I'm so lucky I have been blessed with such a special breed..redheads are indeed rare, I am told.

I don't mind. I agree, Brycen is awesome.

He even held my hand and WALKED beside me! It made my day! He walks with almost everyone else but whenever I usually try, he refuses and wants to be carried.

I love this (even if I don't necessarily look it...)!!





4 comments:

Lillian said...

Wow those girls got a huge bag of candy for just a 20 minute parade!!! That's even better than going trick-or-treating for 20 minutes!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

I'm glad we are loved so much by Brycen (and you too)! I am so glad you texted us to go together, I always forget to do things like that because I'm not used to having neighbors that are available for those last minute activities.

jenn + michael said...

I LOVE Brycen's excited face to have two cute friends on both sides of him! You can send us some of that candy if you don't know what to do with it all...