Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's bound to happen sometime...


20 minutes in this position:

Pit stops needed: 5 feet in reach of a toy

One inch in reach:

And he no longer finds his favorite book exciting:

Diagnosis: My little man is burning up (the 2nd time in a week), and fighting so hard to get better.

It is still such a rare event in our house that I easily forget the toll it takes on the body, especially on such a little one.

The positives:

It is forcing Brycen to rest, THREE naps instead of the usual one (there are some days that Brycen is convinced that taking naps is a thing of the past).



I have my baby back. He usually only falls asleep in my arms when he is beyond exhaustion (and it's rare). Today, he has already done is twice. Exhausted, indeed but I'm sure learning to treasure these moments <3.


He insists on remaining close to me (waking up when I lay him in his crib, just like he did when he was little little) and I don't mind. He is so precious.

3 comments:

Teresa W said...

I hope he feels better soon!

jenn + michael said...

I blame Michael. I miss him already.

Christi said...

Thanks Teresa! Jenn-I blame nursery. He misses you too!