Date night with the hubby and no baby?? Rare indeed but amazing. Luckily, we have awesome friends that were willing to watch Brycen and since Brycen enjoys these particular friends, he waved us goodbye instead of crying when we left; I don't know about other mothers out there, but this sure helps me have a better peace of mind for the evening.
Brycen before we left.

Our friends have three little girls. Brycen gets to play with toys he has never seen before :).



And then my brother, Mike and his wife gave us an Applebees Gift Card when they came to come visit! So, cheap date without the baby? Even more amazing. 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert= $2.27 (before tip).

We were able to sit and enjoy one another and our dinner while watching a pretty intense football game (Wisconsin vs. Iowa) without the need to consistently protect our plates, the salt and pepper shakers, and all the menus from flying off the table.

And we even got to make a quick trip to this place for a few things, which is amazing in itself. First of all, quick trips usually never exist and Bryce and I were able to hold hands the entire time without having to chase down a little monster determined to clear off and redecorate the bottom shelf of every aisle we walk down.
Ahh, the simple joys these days. I think night outs now (without kids) are even better than the night outs we had before kids because we appreciate them so much more. Highly recommended for all those parents out there! Very healthy thing for a mawiage! :) Big thanks to those that made it happen!!
The funny thing though, as enjoyable as it was, I could never stop thinking of this little punk. We sure missed him.

Playing on the swings with Daddy earlier today.

2 comments:
Yay I finally got to see your blog! Cute background, wink wink! We must have good taste =) I am sure it is nice to get out with just you two! So huh...I wanna do a donut run sometime soon!
Yeah for date night! It's been a while for us too so I know what you mean. To answer your question, I've been in nursery practically since we moved here so I basically know no one except the kids. lol I've got a cute monkey costume for Andrew that I'll be dressing him up in for our ward's trunk or treating. Other than that we won't be going door to door. What's Brycen going to be?
Post a Comment