1. My garden currently looks like this.
If you are able, find all the lightly (green) colored plants. That, my friends, is green leaf lettuce (amongst a ton of weeds, I guess that's what I get for abandoning it for two weeks and heading to Utah).
Brycen conveniently spilled the lettuce seeds. We have it sprouting up everywhere! Unlocked vehicles at church may just find themselves some lettuce.

MMm. SO good!
2. I have been convinced for awhile now that our Cali cat is weird. It's not uncommon for her to play dead.
3. The best swing ever. Pull up a friend. Spend hours. No pushing from Mom necessary.
4. Fresh strawberry picking. Poppy seed salad (with our very own spinach and lettuce!), strawberries sliced on German Pancakes, frozen for smoothies, and Freezer jam. So in love.I think I will put a few on my ice cream tonight.
5. We have this crazy opportunity to buy the house we are currently renting. I know, crazy! In preparation for the walk through with the landlord, I cleaned...the sliding door sliding area. Please don't tell me I'm the only crazy person that does this.
6. I mowed the front and back yard on Monday in 1245% humidity. I'm quite proud. The Mr. is so busy finishing up his doctorate craziness, I decided to give him his Father's Day present early. The kiddos surprisingly cooperated while watching me from the shade. Their payment came in Popsicle form. One for the front, one for the back.
Thunderstorms that often proceed crazy heat and humidity blew in Wednesday night (boy, I love thunderstorms! Thunderstorms that is. Tornado threats. Not so much.)
7. Mother of the year. Yesterday, my awesome friend offered to take Brycen for a few hours so I could clean. Without the Brycen distraction, I won Cian's separation from my leg through the one and only.
Have you noticed a trend?
Sugar to make mowing possible. Sugar to make dinner possible...
Named perfectly after his grandfather, he has a sweet tooth just as big.
8. While waiting for daddy to come home, we chilled on our front porch in this awesome degree weather. I sure love his toes.
9. And this.
Cian says, "Mydad!" And then steals mydad's cup and blows bubbles in it. Daddy LOVES it! (enter: sarcasm on the cup and bubbles part)
10. Bedtime. During scriptures last night, Cian (by accident) discovered the joys of a swirly chair. He was able to spin Daddy around effortlessly! Which lead to...Brycen wanting to hop on and then Cian. And Daddy being kicked off and scriptures reading coming to an end.
Pure joy.
11. The Cian monster (his nickname) sure found his love for books. He really doesn't care if you are trying to do your bathroom business, or the dishes, or get dressed for the day.....

That grin.
The only problem: Brycen loved ALL the same books at that age.We have known them word for word for
years now. It's not uncommon to read the same three books 16 times in a row.
12. While out delivering our never ending lettuce to some friends that didn't know what was coming, we pulled these treasures out.

I LOVE Summer. Even though it technically hasn't officially started, and Brycen declares every day "the hottest day of summer"
...and has been since March. No wonder he think Summer is lasting forever. Forever is his new phrase for everything.And I love that forever is the time I get with them.














.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment