Our week in Utah last month started with a 5 hour layover in Arizona with Uncle Mike. Where we went out to eat and then walked around the Mesa Temple. I'm still not quite sure how they live with that 110 degree heat down there...
Brycen was so exhausted (11pm our time) that he fell asleep on the car ride back to the airport and didn't wake up until we had to go through security.
After arriving in Utah, we were able to spend Saturday in beautiful Park City.
Had a blast swimming with the Uncles.
Technology, not sure what some would do without it (me included, of course). :)
He's a people watcher.
The tree ornaments are pairs of shoes! Not the best picture but there were so many! Quite amazing...in a way I never thought shoes could be.
So fun to walk around. The first I have been to Park City other than for the skiing.
The much talked about nay rides that Brycen can't seem to forget about.
The horse started flipping out on my turn around. Sounded like my cat when she has a hairball.


And the green choo-choo! Cute little train that Brycen adored at "This is the place" park.
The park reminded me alot of Nauvoo in the kinds of things it offered and was a fun afternoon.
I was also able to go down to Provo one day and re-visit my college years. Kelsey was one of my Freshman year roommates. Our now-husbands happened to be Freshman roommates as well, all of us being in the same ward. How crazy and awesome memories.
And here we are almost 6 years later each with a 2 year old son and another child on the way! Due 2 weeks apart in November. (p.s. Loving Kelsey's son-Jared's expression, in the background)
Kelsey's older sister also happens to currently be in our ward back in Indiana and living right behind us (currently, helping us give our cat so much needed attention and visitation while we're gone). Small world and we love it!
And my Creamery buddies!I was once their supervisor then their manager and then made them supervisors. We made Creamery Salsa together, cleaned together, stocked shelves together, had girls' night together, and shared many, many boy stories together. Oh, how I miss the Creamery!
I went with my sister to get my first pedicure! I always wanted to do what they in chick flicks: pedicures together while chatting and reading magazines. What a treat and so fun and something I could definitely see myself getting again sometime soon...
While everyone was at work, Brycen did some quality shopping with Mommy and Grandma at the mall. Bath and Body Works happened to be having a huge sale that day of 75% off--it was a good day topped off with ice cream from TCBY. 
This is Alfredo and he apparently visits the house often. Brycen LOVED feeding him bread with Aunt Katie and would love a pet duck for Christmas.
Working with Uncle Isaiah in the yard can sure be bittersweet. "Baby's turn, Baby's turn!" (he still refers to himself as the baby...making the concept of what is growing in Mommy's tummy a hard one) after one second of letting it be Isaiah's turn with the tools. A very often occurrence back in Indiana when Mommy tries to do anything from sweeping to vacuuming.
It was an ice-cream kinda week and Brycen wanted to make sure Grandpa didn't work too hard.
Adore this picture.
The morning we left wearing Uncle Isaiah's shoes.
Love flying right at naptime! The older lady sitting next to us was so impressed by Brycen and made sure those around us knew. Shortly after take-off, I asked Brycen if he wanted to take a nap, he said, "Yes" (that's when you know he is really tired). He laid his head on my lap and was out within a few minutes (almost never happens quite like that). The lady sitting next to us couldn't believe her eyes.
And we were off to Portland! Love being around family!
2 comments:
Thanks for the memories
Nathan likes sitting with his legs spread out like Brycen's legs... I can't quite figure it out. Great job on blogging by the way; I can barely keep up with reading them, but I love it!
Post a Comment