We tried to ask Brycen and he said he threw them out the window. haha. Which I sure hope not...and technically should not have been possible since the window hadn't been open longer than 5 seconds between the time they were lost until now (and I was the one doing the opening and closing while Brycen built blocks). I have searched outside just in case though.
As a result, we have stayed in most the the day (after church) searching while Brycen is currently napping. But it's not looking good...and that pass was a price I don't wish to pay again...but was the ticket to our Berlin adventures (saving us our feet, that already ache after the day of just walking around using the public transport)...so, we shall see.
We might be doing alot more of this:

His designs are sure getting impressive!
In other news:
1. We successfully switched apartments and love our new one.
2. The following are alot of pictures that took awhile to upload so please enjoy and appreciate slowly :) haha.
Much loved time spent in here, especially by the little one.

The kitchen (notice no oven or dishwasher).
And Brycen showcasing his favorite part. Brycen-sized refrigerator that he had complete access to and could reach 24/7.
Now our new place (more pictures to come): Pretty much a hotel room with a kitchen. Which includes my favorite (still no oven though):

Not entirely sure what it was but: 1. It was delicious. and 2. Had the cutest fry forks.
Alot of the places are things I have already blogged about or will this upcoming week after visiting them. But this: Germany's White House (where the president lives) was a one of the buildings I passed all week and wondered what it was--called Schloss Bellevue.

Brycen's treat, juice. He calls all soda and juice, juice. Fanta is definitely a different, better tasting color over here....not sure what it is.





The grounds/gardens were gorgeous!
Attempt at a family picture with the Palace. Loved Brycen's face in this one.

The cutest dishwasher I have ever seen!
And then by far, Brycen's favorite part:
The picture of horses above the bed that he counts and says, "NAY!!!!" to, often.


With included breakfast (a delicious, much better chocolate croissant than my first one a few days ago), free candies and apples in the lobby, and a grocery store (as well as a beautiful park (what we see out our window), fresh fruits market, and cute restaurants and stands) that are just across the street--we are loving it!! And slept amazing last night! It was almost too quiet... after all the cousin sleepovers in Portland, the airplane rides, and then the trains, sirens, and horns we heard the entire last week...
Now, if only I could convince management that it isn't necessary to charge 9 Euro to wash and dry clothes in their machines--I would be entirely happy. But meanwhile, a husband and bathtub will do. :)
As for Day #6: Started off like this, after getting all moved in.
And then we hopped upon one of the city tour buses. We chose the cheapest one and for our purposes, it was perfect. I think with Brycen and I getting to see the city every day, Bryce was feeling a bit behind on seeing everything (and wanted a complete overview) and I much enjoyed being able to hear what some of the fancy buildings were that I have passed by all week and see how everything was laid out and enjoy the ride (instead of having to worry about what stop to get off and where I was headed).
Like when we visited the Jewish Memorial earlier in the week, I had no idea--the Brandenburg Gate, which we visited last Saturday, was just around the corner (and probably could've seen together in one day). I thought they were on complete ends of town. So..always nice to see the whole picture....especially since we have two more weeks to go back to the things we saw and might've missed (didn't know existed) otherwise...or should avoid.


Brycen found the tour very interesting to say the least...:)
But he was free, it was his naptime, and I was kind of worried to begin with, how he would handle being on a bus for two hours straight. He enjoys taking short, 10-15 minute trips so the nap was perfect and I was able to hear the commentary nicely.
Also while on the tour, I'm pretty sure I saw a "without clothes" section of the big, Tiergarden Park. Luckily, I only saw the back sides (basically, alot of flesh reflecting the sun) and it was from a good distance, but I can't help but wonder what the point of it is. I've heard of so-calked beaches...but this? Another place you can tan without getting tan lines? That's a picture that you won't be getting...and a part of the park I will be avoiding.
After the tour, we tried to another thing on our list: the Olympic Stadium. And we should've realized something was up when the train was standing room only. There was some kind of event going on and since we hope to tour it, we'll come back later in the week.
On our way to our next item on the list, we splurged for the second time that day and had dinner.
And Mommy's treat!!
Especially while pregnant, I try to make sure I drink plenty of water...but after leaving Oregon (where I could basically inhale gallons of water straight from the tap, it's so good!), drinking water has become a chore. I even splurged last Monday morning (after the weekend of drinking out of our first apartment's tap) while out because I craved good, cold water so much and bought a bottle of chilled, Evian water from a vendor. And to my much surprise (and dislike), it tasted worse than from the tap. So, I stuck with the tap water for days and then Bryce showed me how he put a few drops of lemon juice into his and can I say, world of difference--not sure why I didn't think of that!
But since yesterday was warmer again (gorgeous, actually) and we had been out all day--we had run out of water in our water bottles. So I took the much needed splurge and am so glad I did! It was amazing. Water from Turkey, I believe. AMAZING.
The man working at the booth, doubled checked to make sure I meant to grab the "still" water. Yes, sir (I doubled checked to make sure I did)! The bubbling water or whatever they call it over here--nasty!! Brycen (and Mommy) spit it back out after tasting it. Too bad our apartments come with free bubbling water...I would LOVE free, bottled, chilled, still water....it's a constant craving.
Waiting for our order...
Kabob try #2! We were further from the heavily touristy sections this time (where Bryce says, the food actually has to taste good because their business are the locals) and it was delicious!


Brycen doing some of his famous people watching.
I'm telling you, it was amazing. So amazing, I went back and bought it's mother!
Waiting for the bus.

Brycen's cheese! And now after each picture, he runs back and wants to see himself on the camera review.
We then headed to the Palace in Charlottenburg.
He quickly moved on from being satisfied by seeing himself in the camera review to wanting to take the picture.
Brycen photography, he HAD to take a picture of the horse.
Attempt at a family picture with the Palace. Loved Brycen's face in this one. 
And then he spotted the ducks...
My favorite picture:
It was a perfect evening out. Delicious dinner and wonderful family walk in the gardens of the Palace. The gardens were gorgeous and the weather, amazing. With the occasional people riding their bikes by, jogging, or sitting on a bench, reading. AND no mosquitos. I still can't get over that.
I also saw one of the coolest devices. This man was riding his bike with a front attachment that had it's own wheel and platform and strapped on it: his child strapped into his infant car seat. Not sure how safe it is, but it looked cool. After Brycen was born, I always joked about strapping his carseat onto the end of moped...but in front of a bike, would work too.
Wish you could see it! I have had no luck finding it on google images...
P.S. On a more frustrating note:
With being out all day,comes certain necessities and I paid 1 Euro!! to go to the bathroom! Not liking the trend this is taking. How can someone charge for such a basic, fact of life? Pregnant women should at least get a discount with how often they need to go....
Luckily though, Brycen demanded that he come with me so we got 2 for the price of 1. At first, Brycen said he didn't want to go but once he saw the foot flusher, he was sold! So, we went back into the stall (after washing our hands once) and he went, flushed, and then we washed our hands again.
Doing all we can to get our money's worth! :)
2 comments:
I LOOOOOOOOOVE reading the updates Christi!!!!! I can't believe they don't have ovens and that they have bubbling water for you... yuck!!! Thanks for making me grateful for our good ole Indiana water! :) We love and miss you!
"I went back and bought it's mother" was the laugh of my day!
Post a Comment