Still can't sleep past 6am...driving me a bit crazy (SO not like me, hence the large amount of blogging). Normally I'm one that doesn't function until at least the double digit hours (after 10am) but it seems to get so light, so early here. It feels like noon at 5, 6 am. Brycen didn't party at 2am last night so really, today is a good day. I'm just wondering/worried when I'm going to crash. For one that almost always needs at least 8 hours at night (especially while pregnant), getting the 6 hours last night, no nap yesterday, and 4 hours each night the two nights before and then no sleep the night before that (plane ride) all while being exhausted from traveling...just leaves me to wonder is all.
On a pregnancy note, 24 weeks today!
I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror yesterday and decided it was a good time to document. I never feel like the camera shows exactly how big I am/feel (pretty loyal camera, I must say :)) but like Bryce recently said-"It's like your belly popped out on the plane ride or something"...that and my ankles. (Not exactly to the pregnancy clothes stage...but...) There's no more hiding it for sure. It's there! And all very exciting.
Things about this pregnancy:
-I crave chocolate all the time. Not the best thing to be craving while staying in the country that has some amazing chocolate!
-My hair keeps falling out. Maintaining my hair was one of the many perks I loved about pregnancy! And here I am...losing just like normal. The amount falling out has decreased majorly after I got a much needed haircut while in Utah but... still falling out. Not a big deal though, now...if I become bald after I give birth...that will be a completely, different story since I lost a ton after I gave birth to Brycen.
---My nails, on the other hand, are rather beautiful and strong and grow so fast! I usually have very brittle nails that break so easily and thus, always kept short. So I'm loving the change!
-I have been feeling this little guy move for at least 7-8 weeks now. Like full on karate moves. Very active. All the time. Where as with Brycen, I didn't feel anything...completely nothing...until the 25th week when all the sudden fireworks seem to go off and not stop until the 41 week mark.
-Also unlike with Brycen, I'm easily chilled. I froze several times while in Portland (60s degree weather) and it doesn't take much A/C to make me shiver. One of the reasons why I thought it was a girl--this little boy is definitely slacking in the "warm-Mommy" category. But really, I'm not complaining since I still need to get through summer first. Come October though and I'm freezing...we shall see. Brycen kept me warm all winter long while pregnant with him. It was so nice to not freeze for a change!
-Just like with Brycen though, I feel amazing. No sickness. No nausea. Definitely spoiled, indeed.
Speaking of kiddos and family, we got some family pictures taken while in Oregon and I love this one!
3 comments:
That is a fabulous picture. When are you heading to the zoo?
How fun! You are still so tiny though. Jealous! What is the climate like there? Is it chilly for summer or pretty average?
you are so cute, Christi! And that is a great family picture. I hope you don't crash too hard!
Post a Comment