Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beauty

After Sunday church, lunch, and nap, we headed to "Mommy's bridge".

It's called the Oberbaumbrucke and I have wanted to go ever since I saw it on the front on the map they gave me when I bought my bus pass-the day we flew in (very well-used map, might I add--I will have to take a picture of what's left of it once it gets me through this last week). It is a double decker bridge that was first built back in 1732.

And as much as I would LOVE to go see it at night....the fact that it doesn't get dark until about 10 these days; plays a part but the bigger part: it's kind of--okay, really is-- in a very scary/questionable part of town.


Walking on the bridge...

We passed the Berlin Wall East Gallery on our effort to get a view of the bridge from a distance.


Please excuse our "blueberry, sweatpants-wearing, clan" day. It was another colder day and our other pants were dirty from yesterday.... And apparently Bryce doesn't like having matching jackets here in Berlin, he says people look at us funny. I like it. But he would much rather blend in.
Brycen has also told us several times--that he wants to ride a boat-- too bad our cruise was last year...


With the train (subway) we took to get here (the train has been going across it since 1902).

A pretty handy idea when a stroller is involved...


Brycen is very much into jumping off anything and everything these days...



And I give my "creativity to make money" kudos to this guy today...
During the red light, he would run out in front of the cars and put on a juggling act....pretty entertaining.

And for our "after dinner" entertainment:

On Friday, I tried to unsuccessfully get Brycen to go #2 in the potty. He was very excited about the idea but soon got discouraged by how "hard" it was and has since, had absolutely no want to do it again. Diaper is the much preferred method. Every time we ask him to go stinky in the potty, he declares, "No! I'm pushing!"

After he was finished tonight, he then said, "C'mon Daddy, (with the little hand motion we have never seen him use before--adorable, to say the least) I need to get the stinkies out! Bath time, please!" When Daddy didn't move, Brycen then said again, "C'mon".
And proceeded to undress himself.

The new things he does and says, amaze us each day--and bring quite a few laughs. While out today, Brycen fell behind picking up some rocks while Mommy kept walking. When he realized this, he said, "Mommy! Come back here!" Haha!

After the tenth time though, it was no longer cute....

3 comments:

Laura Shields said...

Is it fair to blame you for our burned pizza? Well I am...I was so captivated with reading about Brycen's new discoveries I couldn't help but read till I was done. Even though I could smell the pizza burning. Worth it? I'd say so. Somehow he gets cuter and cuter every day. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli Brewer said...

Well, in your husbands defense the first thing I noticed was "Oh hey, they are all wearing the same sweatshirt!" =)

Oy, I am so NOT looking forward to potty training.

jenn + michael said...

Haha! I love that Brycen still rules the roost!