Monday, July 18, 2011

A Mystery

I think the hotel room has been torn apart roughly 12 times, looking for my now, 3 missing cards.

I wish there were more places to look but there is really only so much funiture that can fit into 200 square feet of space. Things just don't make sense and I know as soon as I buy a new bus pass, the old one will show up. After searching the entire day yesterday, I finally went down to the front desk to request a new hotel key since I knew Bryce would be leaving for work all this week. All we did was go downstairs and then back up and I had my new key in hand when we stepped into the room , Bryce is my witness (and then placed it on the same dresser...you would think I would learn, but it was right by Bryce's bus pass). But my morning-after none of us had left the room since- the newest key is now missing and Bryce's bus pass was still there.

Brycen keeps insisting that it's outside and I keep hoping he has a stash of my things somewhere. On one of my searchings of the room, I went around on my knees--trying to be more of Brycen's height to look for any more possible hiding places. Any suggestions/theories of what you think happened? I've checked the garbage...multiple times.

I'm ready to believe in the possibility of mice, ghosts, and my insanity....

On a more positive note:
Another gorgeous day here (with views from our window):


We stuck to walking prior to naptime (will decide about a new bus pass when Bryce comes home) and found ourselves here:
I'm quite the loyal customer, I must say. Even though the perks of Aldi seem to significantly go down when in a foreign country and none of their labels have a speck of English on them, I did like their pasta sauce and can of corn that we bought there last week.

Love seeing all the bike transportation with their handy baskets and bells (going grocery shopping) here in the city.

These have been my favorite (and only liked) gummy bears ever since I lived in Germany. You can find them in almost every grocery store in the U.S. but since they're German, for the same price, you get double as much here!

While watching the World Cup last night (which was so sad to lose it in the end!), Brycen was coloring and all the sudden said, (among mimicking Daddy's "C'mon, shoot!" "Get the ball!" game reactions--adorable, to say the least!) "Daddy, look! A "J"!" He then continued to draw a "Y", "N", "M", and "U" which at that point, Bryce turned to me and asked, "are they supposed to be able to do this so young?"

Not sure. But while having lunch today, I gave Brycen his official home-school ABC lesson and he loved it. I went through the alphabet and wrote down all the letters he didn't know by heart and then on a clean sheet, went one-by-one through them; introducing them and saying things such as: "K. for Katie" (Aunt Katie) and "L. for lizard" (he has one on his shirt today).

After saying each one, I then went through and asked him what they were. He repeated them all back to me, with their little phrases. His little memory blew me away... and then he pleaded for more. At naptime, he fell asleep--repeating over and over the new letters and phrases he learned (while giggling).

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce, the future President of the United States? :)

P.S. I still can't over the fact that the grocery stores don't refrigerate their eggs here. SO weird to me.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You have a little smartie on your hands! Evan has always been so interested in letters and has been writing them since he was 2. Makiah on the other hand doesn't really care and can only write zig zags for a "M". Some kids love it and other kids don't... I guess.

Anonymous said...

France doesn't either (refrigerate their eggs), maybe only Americans do that. When we lived in Germany, before, there was a man that drove through the towns delivering eggs from the back of a van. Hope you find where everything is disappearing.

Kelli Brewer said...

Did you look behind the dresser? In each of the drawers? Are there rugs? Could it be under them? What about the fridge? You said Brycen likes that right? Maybe inside there in the cubbies. Under the mattresses? Do you have heating grates that maybe he could have shoved it down/into?

Hopefully you'll find it!