Daddy opens front door upon returning from work. Brycen, "DADDY! How was work? I missed you! You ready to play with me?" A milli-second later. Daddy still has coat, shoes, and backpack on. Brycen, "Are you going to play with me or not?
"Mommy, I kept my diaper happy last night". He is fully day potty trained and has been since August but we weren't going to even attempt to conquer the night until Cian is older. I don't need any 3am potty breaks. BUT he has woken up with a dry diaper for at least a week straight now...maybe longer. I can't remember the last time it was "sad". All without any work on our part. Love when this stuff happens.
Mommy: "Brycen, do you want an apple?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, do you want to help me clean the cat box?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, do you need to go potty?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, is your hair red?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, did you eat all your sandwich?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Half eaten sandwich on table. He LOVES the word sure. And thinks it's the answer for everything.
Mommy: "Brycen, did you wash your hands?"
Brycen: "Um...sure!"
Mommy: "That's a yes or no question". In this case, sure almost always means no.
Mommy comes downstairs fully dressed for church.
Brycen: "Cool shoes, Mom!"
Mommy: "Brycen look what I made you!" Shows him his owl sandwich and grape tree. Pictures to come later.
Brycen: "Wow! Amazing!"
Brycen mumbles something.
Mommy: "What?"
Brycen: Mumbles louder and then adds, "If you don't listen to me next time, you are going to time out!"
His vocabulary is getting quite impressive and he is using new words every day. Including the words and phrases: "Interesting" "Good girl! (to Mommy)" and the question, "Doesn't that sound exciting?"
It brings much laughter into the house and definitely makes us become more aware of the things we say since we hear an echo from our two year old not long after.
And then when what he says doesn't make sense, it's just plain cute.
He was trailing behind at a recent trip at Wal-mart and I turned around to find this. The hat and bottle (we later bought the bottle) didn't belong to us. What a character.

"Mommy, I kept my diaper happy last night". He is fully day potty trained and has been since August but we weren't going to even attempt to conquer the night until Cian is older. I don't need any 3am potty breaks. BUT he has woken up with a dry diaper for at least a week straight now...maybe longer. I can't remember the last time it was "sad". All without any work on our part. Love when this stuff happens.
Mommy: "Brycen, do you want an apple?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, do you want to help me clean the cat box?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, do you need to go potty?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, is your hair red?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Mommy: "Brycen, did you eat all your sandwich?"
Brycen: "Um...Sure!"
Half eaten sandwich on table. He LOVES the word sure. And thinks it's the answer for everything.
Mommy: "Brycen, did you wash your hands?"
Brycen: "Um...sure!"
Mommy: "That's a yes or no question". In this case, sure almost always means no.
Mommy comes downstairs fully dressed for church.
Brycen: "Cool shoes, Mom!"
Mommy: "Brycen look what I made you!" Shows him his owl sandwich and grape tree. Pictures to come later.
Brycen: "Wow! Amazing!"
Brycen mumbles something.
Mommy: "What?"
Brycen: Mumbles louder and then adds, "If you don't listen to me next time, you are going to time out!"
His vocabulary is getting quite impressive and he is using new words every day. Including the words and phrases: "Interesting" "Good girl! (to Mommy)" and the question, "Doesn't that sound exciting?"
It brings much laughter into the house and definitely makes us become more aware of the things we say since we hear an echo from our two year old not long after.
And then when what he says doesn't make sense, it's just plain cute.
He was trailing behind at a recent trip at Wal-mart and I turned around to find this. The hat and bottle (we later bought the bottle) didn't belong to us. What a character.
3 comments:
Sounds like Brycen is growing up fast!
Love him! Red heads are just so smart! :) and I want to get that cowboy for him so bad!
lol so cute! Andrew has told us we need to go to time out too. He knows the rules and expects us to follow them too. It seems like you got a really awesome kid, so much fun! And he potty trained himself?!? Very impressive!
Post a Comment