Friday, September 5, 2014

Our Thursday

Well, Brycen officially started school! He has been asking for Kindergarten to start since May and has been so excited. He is our social butterfly and I'm the one finding it hard to let go! Even though I didn't cry...I like to thank preschool on preparing me for that one as well as the fact that it is only half day kindergarten.

We agreed that Brycen can take the bus to school since it's mid day and he is riding with maybe, 5 other kindergartners. And the plan was for me to bring him home (it is a perfect 15 minute walk). I was personally, never a huge fan of the yellow limo growing up and now the idea that my 5 year old could  ride it home with 6th graders, just gives me nightmares. But when I picked him up yesterday, he said "I want to take the bus home, Mom. I'll just try it. If I don't like it, you can pick me up".

The plan is that he can "try it" on Monday.....

After school, we took the metro (called the Max) into Portland to see the circus! I think the boys look like total brothers in the above picture--which is not a comment they get a whole lot.


They did fabulous! Bus and "train" rides have always been their fascination. Speaking of which, Cian completely bawled his eyes out when he couldn't get on with Brycen to go to school yesterday.

Sadly, my phone was dying and this is the only picture I got! The boys loved the show and the talent was really, quite something. I have never seen Cian sit so well and Brycen laugh so hard. The perks of working for Intel just keep coming!
On the Max home, Cian fell asleep in my arms for the entire hour until we got home. I sure love holding my baby (ies, in this case). And as the busy metro was emptying out with each stop, Brycen and I finally found seats and he turned to dad and said, "Dad, I can sit on your lap so you can sit!". Isn't he awesome??

Speaking of not so awesome, the DMV. In order to register vehicles, get Oregon driver's licenses, and maintain our motorcycle endorsements to drive our 150cc scooter, we have spent more time and money at the DMV these past two weeks than I care to document! We are speaking more than $800 and 6 hours and 3 hits to our pride failed knowledge tests later (when you take a motorcycle test and don't exactly drive a motorcycle nor have you ever, it gets a bit more exciting...). But we have passed and don't have to go back for like 2 years. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

jenn + michael said...

I have dark thoughts when I'm in government buildings like the dmv. But kindergartener Brycen is as cute as ever!