Since baby girl is taking her time, I am going to slowly start making our way through our summer traveling pictures and depending how long she takes, will depend on the number of posts so.... here we go!
First, we LOVED our drive/move from Indiana to Oregon. We went out of the way to see friends and family and special places. Even though it probably added on 15 hours or so, we enjoyed 95% of the driving and that is pretty monumental for Bryce and I....as we. hate. driving.
But our country is SO beautiful, I literally stared out the window in awe the entire time. It also helped that our boys did unbelievably amazing on the trip. We sure lucked out!
 |
| After visiting my aunt in Montana (yes, sorry. I'm not going in chronological order here), she insisted that we take the path through Bear Tooth Mountain. It wasn't on the initial agenda but we are SO glad we did. And this is why.... we took nearly 2 weeks for our journey, I wanted to be able to be flexible and enjoy it! She also told us to bring sunflower seeds for the chipmunks. We weren't sure what she meant but Brycen quickly fell in love. |
 |
| At the very top of the gorgeous drive up, there is a perfect pit stop. That so happens to be inhabited by a TON of chipmunks. |
 |
| Who knew just what to do! |
 |
| Crazy, right?? |
 |
| The boys giggled and loved every minute (almost an hour and a half! We have some awesome videos of it). Going back into the van was a struggle after such an experience. |
 |
| Oh, how I loved the scenery! |
 |
| Cian went through a stage of being really into pictures or REALLY not. |
Afterwards, Brycen declared that feeding the chipmunks is his favorite thing in the world! And he immediately wanted to know if Oregon had any.
 |
| After somehow managing to bribe the kids to get back in the van since we did have a reservation that night, we started driving down the other side of the mountain---and found a piece of Ireland. Or so Bryce says. |
 |
| I've never been (to Ireland) but if it is anything like this, I sure want to one day! It was such a treat for the both of us to see and drive through. |
Not a day goes by that Brycen asks to go back and feed the chipmunks. He has actually become obsessed with feeding any animals. He loves to give our cat treats (as long as she is willing to eat it out of his hand), and he has a whole bag of acorns collected for the day that he can hand feed some squirrels--since we have had not much luck finding
too many any chipmunks.
So when I went to Back to School Night last week and saw this:
 |
| I couldn't help but laugh SO hard. And then wonder what his teacher thinks of our awesome kid :) |
3 comments:
How many chipmunks do you think were up there?! That is fun! LOVED Brycen's quote for back to school night!!! hahaha. You have cute boys!
Oh, I don't even know! They were running everywhere! It was so fun.
This was awesome. New bucket list item for me! I just showed all my boys, so they're jealous, too...
Post a Comment