Thursday, September 11, 2014

Finding Hidden Treasures

With Brycen now in Kindergarten, I'm trying to enjoy this month I have with just my Cian boy. Yesterday, we had playgroup at a local splash park. I know splash parks are becoming quite common in a lot of states but for some reason, not in Indiana. I think they are rather brilliant really. Cian bounced between the water, the sand box, and the playground--he loved it all. 

Now this picture is huge because normally Cian is not the splashing kind of guy. But he is surprising us everyday, we really have no idea what he will and will not do anymore. Like climb to the top of the spiderweb that is ON the merry-go-round (who thinks of these things??) and then barely hang on and say, "Faster faster Mommy!" Which makes me wonder if I'm cut out with a heart to be a mother of all boys... 
We are moving up in Oregon and got our very own library card. Not only is the library huge (they sell donuts IN it!) and the kids love their play area and watching the crazy automated system they have to check books in and out, and Mommy loving reserving the free local attractions pass for our visitors next week--there is a gorgeous pond behind it. Brycen can not believe that I didn't have bread on hand to feed the ducks. After all, the Mommy bag is kinda like the Mary Poppins bag, right?

Well 36 weeks is here and I am loving the fact that A) my ankles haven't swollen...yet...and B) I can still paint my toe nails. Not comfortably or nicely, might I add (just a little goal I have to see how long I can). And then I woke up this morning and Brycen exclaimed, "Mommy, your belly is so big, your shirts can't cover it anymore!" Yup, I am outgrowing my pregnancy clothes. I feel like with pregnancy, you need like 3 sets of sizes--one for each trimester or something. Some are just too big for an earlier on belly and some are just too small for a later on belly...and I am apparently in need of that 3rd set. Regardless, that is one awesome way to wake up in the morning.

1 comment:

jenn + michael said...

Love this post! And I agree with sets of three prego clothes. But I'm sure you have clothes that fit your sweet almost done belly. And Way to go, Cian!