I'm not sure how to respond. He looks me right in the eye...and does it when either he is telling me a story (I'm guessing) or when he is really frustrated and is trying to get something across to me. I can usually figure things out when he is pointing and showing me what he wants but when he just stands there and does his tongue language.. help!
Sometimes I ask him to repeat it, and he always will as many times as I ask and other times, I pretend to understand and say, "Oh, really??" And like he did in the video, he loves when I understand and says, "Yeah!" I can sometimes just get away with that but other times when he is trying to get me to do something and I tell him I understand, he says, "Yeah!" and then stands there expecting something...and when I don't do something or walk away...he slightly flips out....and starts talking even faster because now, he's mad. Hence, the NEED for a translator.
It's sad because Brycen during different times of the day when I crave adult conversation, need to vent, or just want to tell a story; Bryce will completely freeze what he is doing and listen. He nods his head and says, "Yeah!" And he can do almost anything I ask him because he understands SO well. I just wish I could say the same thing about me...
Any advice?? Uncle Mike, Mom said you had a language of your own as well...:)
P.S. Did you notice my attempt to distract him in the video...he said, "Hi!"
Always, SO cute!!
4 comments:
Just keep pretending. I always let them know after a few tries of asking them to say it again, that I understood them. I think it gives more confidence in their new ability to speak.
So cute though!
Very cute, you'll be able to understand him soon enough. Have you tried simple sign language at all? Words like hungry, more, and all done came in very handy for us.
My sister had a language of her own too and I was the super translator. However, my nursery calling has taught me that I have lost that skill. But that movie is a keeper.
Chelsea is the same way. Finally I started just saying, "Show me what you want." That has seemed to help. She also has a good understanding when we talk to her, it's just getting her to talk so we can understand that is the problem!
Post a Comment