Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's that time again...

I LOVE Brycen's curls but they really only look super cute right after being washed and then once he napped or played with Daddy; he sported a bedhead/ resembled a mop for the rest of the day. And with Brycen going through a current protest about getting his hair wet and then strangers starting to insist on calling him a "she" or having to ask if he is a he or she, it was time for change :).

BEFORE:
Serious case of bedhead.
But they were adorable.

AFTER:




It never ceases to amaze me how a haircut can make such a big difference. But I still think he looks so handsome.

On a different note: Happy Pre-Thanksgiving! Brycen *helped* me make this at playgroup yesterday.

And his reaction to being told that he would be an older brother soon...


Haha. Just kidding! We're not pregnant. I think he was yawning...but I couldn't resist :)

9 comments:

Tracy said...

You almost had me! :) Okay, I guess you really did for a second. His haircut is adorable. What a handsome little boy. I still don't get how people can get confused with baby gender on some kids. Brycen is always dressed as a boy.

Kristin said...

You tease! I was super excited for about 10 seconds.....well, on a positive note I LOVE his new haircut. Really makes him look like a big boy. :)

Kelli Brewer said...

He definitely looks older and handsome with the haircut! I still don't have the heart to cut Autumns to even it out. Someday! =)

jenn + michael said...

Rude! You got me. Michael's reaction was, "What?! MY sister? I'm finding out through her blog!?" I guess when you finally do give Brycen siblings, you probably shouldn't let him find out through the blog...haha!

Laura Shields said...

Joshua and I totally fell for it too! So not fair. But yes, Brycen looks adorable. And I don't see how people mistake him for a girl, that's bizarre he'd look like a ruff and tumble boy even in a dress. I hope all is well, happy pre-Thanksgiving.

Love your still alive Texas Shields.

Kristi said...

Good job with the haircut! I bet that is really tough. I don't know how people could confuse his gender though, he definitely looks like a boy before and after the haircut.

Lillian said...

Why do you have to be such a tease? I totally fell for the pregnant joke!!! Brycen does look handsome with his new haircut and he looks much more grown up too!

Joni and Chase said...

You are soooo funny! You totally had me! I love it! So did you cut his hair? You did a great job! Looks great =o)

Jessica said...

Oh cute! I love it when little boys get there first haircut. He looks like a little man :) It is always sad to see those baby curls leave...