Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ahhh...we sure love the weekends.

We loved Thanksgiving Break. It involved baking (while Brycen watched his first Macy's Day Parade) and eating some yummy food, being with friends, shopping, and this man being home with us to complete a wonderful 4 day weekend.

Oh and this.
We decided to take on the Walker tradition of setting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Which the more I think about it, it's really a great tradition. The weekend is perfect for everyone to be home, doing it together while Christmas music and movies play in the background. We also upgraded this year! After Christmas last year, we found a 6 foot tree on clearance for five bucks. So our previous 2 foot family Christmas tree (used for 3 Christmases) became Brycen's tree and we now have this: (Side note: I did the lights again this year... AND used up 1050 lights (that's 10.5 strands of 100)...I think I'm just lights happy or something. It took forever...and two trips to the store).
And since it's our first year with a big tree...we have yet to find a tree skirt to help hide the ugly stand so I used a festive blanket of Brycen's. And while putting it around the tree, Brycen came up to me and asked, "Christmas tree cold, Mommy?" haha!

This little man continues to sleep alot...all day and night (so nice!). It must be a growth spurt or something.
He sleeps so much that Brycen has assigned him a duty.

Brycen's personal shelving device.

During the hour or so that Cian manages to stay awake, for the last three days consistently--I put him down all happy and within minutes he SCREAMS!!
Hopefully, he will learn soon not to tug on his own hair.

And Brycen tries to squeeze his brotherly hugs in as often as Mommy and Daddy permit.

We still can't get enough of him. He coo-ed, smiled, and rolled from his stomach to his back for the first time yesterday--5 and a half weeks old.

Let the Most Wonderful Time of the Year begin!!
The first snowfall today. Photography by Brycen.

And P.S. Quick story. While out shopping on Friday, it came to be dinner time so we went to Texas Roadhouse--I have got to learn how to make rolls like theirs!! So so yummy. Brycen had a dinner of peanuts and we all loved it. It kept him happy and busy while Bryce and I enjoyed Steak and Ribs--delish. And Cian slept through it all. Well, while packing up our leftovers to take home, Brycen requested his own box and preceded to pack away his leftovers as well. Haha! (We only let him grab a few). He sure enjoyed finding and eating them today.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Brycen is so funny!!! I laugh every time I read your blog!

Rachel Free said...

I love reading your blog Christi! Your boys are so adorable!
And I just happened to come across a Texas Roadhouse roll recipe the other day! Here's the link:
http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/04/texas-roadhouse-rolls-copycat-recipe.html