 |
| While packing, the boys came across this treasure. You wouldn't believe how long it kept them occupied. |
However, our boys seem to have a tendency to only put up with so much packing and planning for Oregon. So when that happens, we do this:
 |
| Enjoy the rewards of the Library's Summer Reading. |
 |
| Find a local Botanical Garden that we have somehow missed the last 5 years. |
 |
| Go on a Sunday family walk. |
 |
| And find the frogs. |
 |
| Attend a friend's 1st birthday party. |
 |
| The monumental part is that Cian actually wore the hat....after we left the party. |
 |
| Feed the missionaries that so happen to include my sister-in-law's cousin! |
 |
Find this beauty!
So...I have a favorite umbrella stroller. It's a Chicco. Sturdy. Drives perfect. Tall handles. Carrying Strap. Great wheels. Cushioned back seat that reclines just a tad (I dislike the cheap flimsy umbrella strollers, they are convenient and better than nothing. But I prefer a bit more comfort for both myself and the rider) and folds up like all umbrella strollers, not taking up much room at all. I found it second hand and it was without a canopy, years ago.I tried to buy a canopy but for the specific style of stroller I had, it was no longer being made. Almost everything I love, turns out this way. Ever since then, I have looked and looked for a stroller just like it but with a canopy. Yes, you can buy them for $80 brand new but I'm cheap and also, believe it or not, some strollers aren't built like they used to (yes, I consider myself an expert on the matter). The wheels and canopies can be quite a bit different and not nearly as durable or functional. BUT finally after what seemed like forever, I found the ^ exact stroller that I have and LOVE but with a canopy (the old school kind that are SO much better! Not necessarily look wise, but practically wise) and was barely used. For my "the sun is too bright! need shade!" kiddo, it has been beyond perfect!! Especially these last two weeks of Brycen's daily swimming lessons. Extra bonus: it was $20 at a local children's consignment store. One happy lady here. I love good finds. And Brycen still likes Daddy pushing him in the old one. |
|
|
 |
| Brycen loses sleep over swimming lessons. He LOVES it so much. |
 |
| Make our yearly freezer strawberry jam from our U Picks. SO good. |
 |
| With our friends. We will miss them!! |
 |
| Run through the campus fountains on a hot hot day! |
 |
| One issue: I have ^ this child. Who loves anything and everything we could possibly do out of the house. Especially if it includes water. |
 |
| And then, this one ^. When he heard water, he ran for his rain boots. |
 |
| And wouldn't go near the fountain. |
Even though they are SO different from each other, I'm blessed that my two boys get along. They have been troopers through all the packing, simply playing and taking care of each other. Quick story: Brycen was playing a game with Cian and wanted Cian to say the "special word: Abracadabra!" in order for Brycen to then do it. Brycen would say, "Say Abracadabra!" Cian: "Abracadabra!!!" Brycen: (the next time) "Okay, say the magic word!" Cian: "Magic word!!!!" Brycen: "No the magic word is Abracadabra. Say, Abracadabra!" Cian: "Abracadabra!!!" Brycen: (again) "Okay, say the magic word". Cian: "Magic word!!!" Thus it repeated and repeated. I found Brycen's frustration (although he was laughing) and Cian's brilliance, simply hilarious.
 |
Oh and Cian loves to have all 6 cereals. Combined. Just thought I would pass on that disturbing random fact. |
1 comment:
Love that sister missionary! And love that you could take care of her. You guys have definitely packed in your last Indy days.
Post a Comment