Well, this past weekend, we were able to attend the temple for the first time all summer and as we passed it for the first time on the way to our hotel, I said to Brycen, "Look Brycen! Temple". Brycen then exclaimed, "Temple! ....BIG Temple!"
Another current favorite is building with his blocks. He literally plays with them all day. Blocks and his choo-choo tracks. AS soon as Daddy walks through the door from school every day, Brycen grabs him by the hand and says, "Daddy build blocks with Brycen! Daddy play with Brycen, please!!!" (He has always referred to himself in third person, but it's Brycen these days, not "baby" which makes the concept of Baby Brother a little less confusing and possible).
Well, this morning, Bryce sent me a link on LDS.org about General Conference which can be seen here and as soon as I started playing it, Brycen ran over and said, "Brycen watch with Mommy?" He then sat on my lap and enjoyed seeing the Salt Lake Temple, President Monson, and his counselors and after watching it a few times through, he requested that we build a temple out of his blocks. Who can refuse a request like that?
...and we are proud of it. Our two-year old son's ideas never cease to amaze me and I have already caught myself looking at "our temple" several times since building it. I love the spirit such a simple construction out of blocks has brought and has put quite a literal meaning to making our home a temple. And... the fact that it is still standing...is surprising in itself, Brycen is the build and immediately destroy kind of person.
I sure love Conference time. A truly, wonderful time of the year.
3 comments:
Brycen is so smart and spiritual!
that is a great temple! He is such a sweet boy, and I adore him.
Stick with tradition. Celebrate Michael's bday and come watch conference at our house!
Post a Comment