This is more for me than anything since I have been wishing that I documented during Brycen's pregnancy to have something to compare my current experiences with but, everyone is welcome to read it.
35 weeks and two days.
In a late effort (started at 33 weeks) to try to keep this baby smaller and successfully do a VBAC, I have tried to stay away from candy, ice cream, and goodies (not easy for me) and as a result, haven't gained any weight since my 33 week appointment (yet, tummy measuring perfectly on). Bringing my pregnancy weight gain total to 25 pounds so far...
Brycen loves to come with me to the Doctor and check up on Baby Brother; he knows the routine very well-bathroom sample first, then weight, blood pressure, questions, measurement, and heartbeat. He especially loved today since the doctor gave him Smarties. A favorite.
My doctor is all for a VBAC but won't induce me for the increased risk of an incision rupture so I am praying I go into labor on my own, before 41 weeks (never did with Brycen). If I do go into labor, I'm also hoping to go epidural free (for the use of my legs and increase of my chances of a VBAC)...but we shall see how long that lasts.
Last week, the baby noticeably "dropped" adding ALOT of pressure on my pelvis and some swelling in my legs and feet (I had lots and lots of swelling with Brycen) but has since, seemed to "undrop", if such a thing exists. Either that or my body has gotten used to his new position because I don't have nearly the pressure or swelling I had last week. The doctor thinks the baby could very well be head down but she will know more for sure when the weekly exams start up next week (yay!!...not).
I have been able to continue to play volleyball once a week and do light aerobics on the mornings we make it.
And besides the need to usually take a nap with Brycen mid-day, I feel great....and huge. As for the baby, he is extremely active, so much--sometimes I think there are two.
Oh and no baby names yet...I'm slightly worried he is going to be nameless for the first part of his life. Suggestions??
Excuse Elmo. Picture taken by a certain 2 year old.
7 comments:
You look great! I like the name William, especially since your last name is Walker (but only because you asked for suggestions).
You look great! What a cute belly. I feel like we can relate in so many ways. I am also trying for a vbac, but cannot be induced. I hope it goes well for you! I also felt the baby "drop" a couple weeks ago. It didn't feel good at all... but I guess my body adjusted to it because I am not in as much pain now. Good luck with everything, only 5 more weeks for both of us!!
Wow! You are almost due, how fun! I also need a nap most days and luckily I get tired during Levi's afternoon nap. Good job staying away from sweets. I need to be better! For some reason I've been craving chocolate a lot lately making it harder to stay away.
I think it would be cute if y'all named him Christian!
I think Michael should be your top pick. If you would like to take Jenner off of the table, I would be more than happy so Michael will stop suggesting that for our baby. And of course, Sordan is always fair game. What happened to your list from Brycen? You had lots there.
Well I gave you all my suggestions and you turned them all down. The baby is looking big again (all baby) so I hope it goes well. Any false labor pains?
I'm glad you're doing well and I hope all goes as planned for you and you're able to have a VBAC like you're hoping. I know I couldn't stay away from candy and ice cream, but I have small babies. Andrew also likes to go to the appointments and hear the baby's heart. We're the same as far as a name goes so I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions. I think ours will be nameless for a while too.
Not too much long for you, hang in there!
Post a Comment