Monday, June 27, 2011

Now, THIS is what I call....


Much needed bonding.
"MIKE! MIKE! MIKE! (Brycen as he runs out of the airport)...where's Jenn?"





Last Friday, Brycen and I said goodbye to our lovely townhouse in West Lafayette, Indiana until AUGUST 1st!! and began our summer of travels.

This week, you can find us in Utah. We arrived 1am (3am our time) Saturday morning to Grandma and Grandpa's house in SLC after a long day of traveling. We happened to end up having nearly a 5 hour layover in Phoenix, AZ where luckily my brother (Mike) lives and was able to save us from the airport. He took us out to dinner and gave us some much needed entertainment and company. Brycen wouldn't dare sleep a wink on the airplane and was literally bouncing off the chairs as he said, "Mike and Jenn", "Mike and Jenn". Sadly, Jenn wasn't able to be there.

Flying has become second nature to Brycen (his 37th flight) and for weeks (ever since we ordered our passports), he asked me every morning if we would be going on an airplane. As much as it hurt having to buy him is own airplane ticket now, having somewhere for him to "bounce" and go crazy, almost sold me on the idea that it is worth it. Almost. I'm sure after Germany, I will be.

We then had a weekend full of this....

And only a little of this...
(Mohawk courtesy of Uncle Mike. What do you think? Mohawk, a keeper? Notice: the red cheeks. 110 degrees in AZ that evening).

Which I know, vacation is all about. But I think in order to survive THIS vacation...we will need to spend a bit more time ZZZZing. Brycen is in denial and fights it but falls asleep within seconds every time I make him lean his head on my shoulder or lay down for just a minute.

Next week: Oregon.

For 3 and a half weeks after that: Germany! Stay turned.

4 comments:

Laura Shields said...

You're trip looks awesome! I'm so glad that Brycen is a great flier, so you can enjoy all the many trips you go on. Can't wait for Germany!

Kelsey said...

Wow! You are amazing to do all this traveling, Christi! If you have some time, come down to Provo and we can meet up somewhere!

Lillian said...

I wish I could come and visit!!!

jenn + michael said...

Awwww! Brycen really said that?! I'm sad I missed him!