This week:
 |
| We made it to the local Imagination Station with friends. |
 |
| Brycen has always wanted to try out the tornado exhibit where the winds get up to "70+mph" (it costs $2). He loved it. But really, whose idea was it to make tornadoes seem fun?? |
We rented "Frozen" and watched it as a family for FHE Monday evening. We enjoyed it! My absolute favorite part (Spoiler Alert!) was witnessing Brycen manly bawling when Anna got frozen while saving her sister (I say manly because he had tears streaming down his face, but made no noise, and was angrily wiping them away).
I found it adorable. When she was unfrozen and lived, he was so happy!
I loved the family focus of it and how Brycen got so involved.
 |
| Naturally, we had to watch it again before returning it the next day. Right after it ended, Cian fell asleep. I love love those moments. |
 |
So I watched Ellen. One day, Mike, we will get a upgrade to a bigger screen. One day. |
 |
Alright, the nail polish. He gladly shows it off multiple times a day. Our friend brought it over for me to do with her daughter and who would've ever guessed that my boys would barely be able to wait their turn, behind her?? I didn't know what to say so, I painted them. I'm not sure if I should paint my nails more (since I don't) or not to help with the situation. I'm really at a loss with words... |
 |
| Brycen's first tooth came out on Sunday. Both bottom teeth have been loose for awhile so it was just a matter of time. The $1 from the tooth fairy was happily accepted. What is the going rate?? |
Earlier in March:
 |
| Wearing Daddy's hat. |
 |
Daylight savings is pointless rough. 10:17am and both boys were still fast asleep (after days of little sleep). |
 |
| It's a good thing it's pretty. |
 |
| We attempted potty training for a week. And then we both got Bronchitis and didn't leave my bed for days. Maybe I will try again if Spring ever comes. If. Ever. The eternal winter from "Frozen" seems appropriately applicable. |
 |
Our budget for toilet paper probably won't mind the break. The cold toilet seat needed covering. Every time. In the process, nearly half the roll is used because pieces keep falling in. It was ....fun. |
 |
| Good thing we have postcards sent from warmer places to keep us dreaming. |
 |
| Brycen's friend had a birthday party at Jump It March 1st. |
Early February:
 |
| Cian is making the longest transition thinking he is ready to drop his nap; just to fall asleep at 5pm (it was a jammie kind of day/winter). There goes bedtime! |
 |
| I sure love a good salad. The preparation times drives me crazy though so it is sadly an event worth documenting. |
 |
| 5:30pm. |
 |
| The stars aligned one day. |
 |
| Cian complained that his ear hurt one night so we offered him some medicine and he insisted on putting it in his ear (and then cried when his ear still hurt).Reason was just not winning that night. |
 |
| One day it got above freezing (I think, even close to 45 degrees!) and I was finally able to get rid of the ice skating rink on our front steps. |
 |
| Valentine's Day Weekend. |
 |
| We have a thing for German Pancakes. |
 |
| And Papa Murphy's delicious pizza. |
 |
| How we basically managed this winter.... |
 |
| Not 5pm but right when we arrived at our destination... |
 |
| And at the library (4pm). |
Finally, save the best news for last! End of Februrary, brought us this:
 |
| My contribution. *The Capri Suns were all Bryce. Don't go all soccer mom on me yet.* |
 |
| After 4 and a half years here at Purdue, Bryce defended his dissertation and passed! |
 |
The doctor and his wife.
It was truly a wonderful day and I couldn't be more proud of him. |
2 comments:
There are so many things to be said about this post. Seriously, you make being trapped in all winter look nice! And most of all, congratulations to the good doctor and his amazing wife! I really consider it an incredible talent to be able to make it through all that work and time!
Haha I love all the pics of Cian sleeping. Maybe the stars will REALLY align and soon we can all get together for a playdate at the park with the absence of snow/sickness/sleepiness. I'll bring donuts!
Post a Comment