Sunday, September 9, 2012

To the Border

While in Utah, we traveled to Lake Powell for Labor Day Weekend. And attempted to camp right on the beach. It was beautiful but with two kids including a baby that wakes up to the sun and loud noises, it wasn't practical. After going to bed at midnight, we were up at 6 and successfully woke up all neighbors. So after the first night, we lodged in a near by hotel and had the best of both worlds.
 
Cian with Grandma and cousin, Adelaide. 
 
 Family and beach fun as well as sandless (I don't like sand. It's coarse and irritating and it gets everywhere...) full nights rest, electricity, and running water.
 
 
 
6+ hours in the car for Cian was rough but we made it and are so glad we did. Brycen LOVED every part of the trip. He is so easy these days. Loves to be going places and does amazing in car rides. He read books, colored, and watched movies but did make the comment, "Man, this is a long car ride!" While at the beach, he literally played non-stop. Rest and food came secondary and only when forced.
 
 
 
A storm approached and I brought Brycen out of the water. Within minutes of sitting(and completely denying that he was tired), he was OUT like a Bishopric member. Sitting up, head down, eyes closed.
 
 
Aunt Jenn was nice enough to hold him until he woke up.
 
While in Page, Arizona (where the hotel was),
It was bright! And
 
we did Horseshoe Hike and got to see where the Colorado River Bends
Uncle Mike was nice enough to carry Cian back. I can't get over how long and big Cian looks in that front carrier.
 
Isn't that awesome?!
 
Traveling Trio.
 
 
 
Brycen thought he found an awesome cave. Too bad others came before him to use it for less so awesome purposes.
 
After church. Cian with the future missionary headed to the Philippines this month.
 
 Four Grandkids. Poor Brycen looks like he got a black eye. I thought I covered him in sunblock but it turned out that I missed right around the eyes.
 
The Crew.
 
On the way home, we stopped by Bryce Canyon.
Brycen noticed on the sign, "B-R-Y-C-E....-N (from canyon)!"
 
 My kids are adorable.
 
 
 We fit, more like squeezed, his name into the "BINGO" song and he sang it during the entire length of the trip.
 
 
Stunning for sure.  
 
 
 
We enjoyed our time in Utah. Lots of firsts for us, such as Cian officially becoming a Walker!
 
 
And had lots of bonding with family...
 
 But it is always good to head home.We took the 6am flight back (not a favorite) but the kids slept the whole way and they were already back on schedule that night! Not too shabby.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Sounds like you guys had an amazing trip to Utah! I've never been to the Horeshoe bend, we'll have to check it out some time. Oh and the Brigham City temple, gorgeous! I loved the murals on the wall, so pretty!!