1. The Fair! Bryce had a BLAST.
I thought for sure he would be freaked out (due to height or speed) but he prevailed--smiling and waving--
and was even disappointed that he wasn't tall enough for some and parentals had to come with him on others.


2. Saturday Family Grocery Shopping. I CAN handle going by myself with the boys during the week but when Dad's available to come with, it makes it even better. He watches/pushes the boys and I can focus on what a woman does best---shopping!
3. Hiking and Camping.
We found this rare gem in the middle of Indiana.
It's Turkey Run State Park and we were up for an adventure.
We took the more moderate/rugged trails that at some points, involved no real trail--walking along steep rocks and through water and even down ladders!
And I'm already planning our next trip there. P.S. LOVE the kid backpack!
Camping on the other hand...well, Brycen LOVED it. Everything about it. Cooking his hotdog and marshmallow on the fire, sleeping in a tent, playing with his teachers
He's at the age where he loves to do things by himself and this was the first year he really could. 
SOO glad he knew to hold on. The workers just kinda threw him up there with no apparent instructions and the ponies started movin!
I thought for sure he would be freaked out (due to height or speed) but he prevailed--smiling and waving--
Gotta love the Scrambler!
Ferris Wheel!
2. Saturday Family Grocery Shopping. I CAN handle going by myself with the boys during the week but when Dad's available to come with, it makes it even better. He watches/pushes the boys and I can focus on what a woman does best---shopping!
This was the first time Cian joined Brycen in the driver seat.
So fun. A free cookie never hurts as well, gotta love Pay Less (AKA Smith's in Utah).
3. Hiking and Camping.
We found this rare gem in the middle of Indiana.
It's Turkey Run State Park and we were up for an adventure.
We took the more moderate/rugged trails that at some points, involved no real trail--walking along steep rocks and through water and even down ladders!
Probably not necessarily advisable (some lady tried to warn us) for young kids but our kids loved it. Yes, there were times we had to carry them both
but it was a blast.
(despite Brycen's face in this picture, he had just fallen down).
And I'm already planning our next trip there. P.S. LOVE the kid backpack!
The best $7.50 Goodwill find ever! All the weight rests on the hips and I almost forgot Cian was back there. Not to mention that he didn't seem to mind it. I may or may not try it out in the kitchen sometime...or at Wal-mart. It actually opens up a can of possibilities :) You know play soccer...volleyball. Jk.
Camping on the other hand...well, Brycen LOVED it. Everything about it. Cooking his hotdog and marshmallow on the fire, sleeping in a tent, playing with his teachers
(some friends joined us that happen to be his Nursery teachers at church), all the sticks and dirt. And well, Cian loved it because now that he is mobile, he had so many leaves, rocks, and dirt at his disposal and stuffing his mouth every chance he got! He was SO dirty. Bryce and I actually had a good time too all except for two things: neither of us slept, and all the work involved to pack/unpack and set up and such for one night. The animals of the park decided to come EXTREMELY close and brush right up against our tent (my head) all night! And then...Cian was pretty restless. As much as we love camping, we are considering trying to find one of those pop-up trailers to buy while we have young kids. We love the fire and atmosphere but need more comfort in dealing with the kiddos.
3 comments:
You are brave parents to go on such fun adventures! What cute boys! Love the updates. Reading your updates is a lot easier than updating my blog. So please keep them coming. :)
wow, you guys are adventurous! especially with the hiking and camping. how freaky that the animals were rubbing against your tent. sounds like your kids had a great time, though!
Wow, looks like you guys have been having such a fun time! That pony ride would have scared me so much! I had to laugh at the comment you left me about our clothes-less wardrobe. hehe we are almost always clothes-less during the summer. Especially this summer, our AC broke. blah. Glad you're having a great summer!
Post a Comment