The other side of the above pictures:
Cian had his 2 month appointment on Friday even though he technically turned 2 months while we were in Utah.
At 2 1/2 months:
12 lbs. 6 oz
23 3/4 inches tall
41.4 cm head--in the 80%!!
So basically, gained 4 pounds, grew 3 inches, and head expanded over 4 cm in 8 weeks. He finally has cute baby rolls that his older brother was born with and just like Brycen, Cian has a very big head. They sure take after Daddy.
Cian is smiling, coo-ing, laughing, and kicking like crazy. I just gave him a bath and he loved it. Kicking and laughing (and pee-ing) through the entire thing.
He seems to recognize me pretty well and it is so fun to hear him respond and turn to my voice when I come near.
Cian still loves to sleep. He took a 5 hour nap on Saturday. When he isn't asleep, he is very alert and happy and doesn't mind being put down unless it's evening time. Evening time is the fussy time of the day and he much rather be held than anything else. He is also still rather gassy but seems to be handling it much better. And when he lets ones out that are so loud, he scares himself. It's just plain funny.
Brycen continues to adore Cian and is always the first to let me know when Cian is awake and that I should go get him.
And since Cian has begun smiling more and more and thus Bryce and I usually say something like, "there's a good smile!", moments within giving our attention to Cian, Brycen counter-demands it with, "Look at me! I'm smiling like Cian!" And we see this:
Haha! He is a one-of-a-kind and we love it. After lunch today, he informed me, "Mom, I'm tired. I need a nap". Shortly after using the bathroom and brushing his teeth, he was out like a light. It's a good day, indeed.
2 comments:
Your boys are so funny!!! It sounds hilarious that Cian scares himself. As for the cold hands, Nathan's hands were usually cold for his first few months. When I asked the pediatrician about it, he just said that babies need to preserve their heat and energy for the more important parts of their bodies, like their organs and told me not to worry about it.
Kids that voluntarily take a nap? Sign me up please!
The cute smiles are bonuses too.
Post a Comment