Friday, October 14, 2011

Moving up in the world.

You learn something new every day. Like the library doesn't open until noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Disappointment faded quickly though when the handy drive-thru drop box was discovered. As I'm sure any excuse to get out of his carseat and hang out the window would completely make his day, returning his library books via this method, was no exception.



We have had absolutely beautiful weather (up until today) and so when a lady in the ward offered to give Brycen a cute bike, we jumped on the idea to teach him. He especially loved picking out his training wheels and helmet (that came with a bonus bike bell) at Wal-mart just prior to "learning".

I had imagined in my head that teaching Brycen to ride a bike would go slightly more different and was thus, completely shocked at how quickly Brycen did not pick up on the idea that moving the pedals in circles is indeed, a requirement for movement. But since he has never had a tricycle or any prior experience, it made sense. So...I tried a different teaching approach.

And have realized that it will come with time.

A desire to do more than just sit and ring the bell is required

And thus, Brycen has had no problem with putting his feet up and asking Mommy to "help" him; aka, Mom pushes and Brycen enjoys the scenery. Oh, well...we have all winter to work on it (brought the bike in today as it was rainy and have been doing a few donuts with it on our hardwood floor).
And meanwhile, I will continue to look at him and not believe how big my boy is getting.


---------------In other "boy news": Had my 37 week check-up a few days ago. Officially,"full term" (LOVE this, knowing that if the baby comes, he should be healthy :). Dilated to a 2.5/ almost 3. 50% effaced. Gained a pound or two. Belly measuring 35.5 centimeters though which is not necessarily a bad thing, just interesting and makes the question, "how big is this baby?" that much more intriguing.

Bryce leaves tomorrow to go out-of-town until next Thursday so my thinking all along that, "if the baby would just come while my Mom is here, it will be perfect" has turned to, "if he just comes while Bryce is here, I'll be happy". And then I found out that my doctor leaves to go-out- to a conference the day Bryce returns so if I want all three to be here (Bryce, Mom, and Doctor--love my doctor)....November, it will be folks! Which I am totally fine with, I just need to make sure the baby agrees....and thus, all efforts to consciously induce labor have temporarily been put on hold.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

He's so absolutely adorable on that bike! I love his helmet, and I'm sure he loves that bell. If you need ANYTHING while Bryce is gone, you know who to call-- ME! :)

Hurray for progress at 37 weeks!

I can't wait to meet this new Walker baby!!!!!!

Alex said...

so cute on the bike. Maybe once the novelty of the bell wears off he'll want to make the bike move. I hope you get your wish and have the baby when all 3 are in town. Ours cooperated beautifully while Curt was gone and now I'm going to consciously do everything I can to induce labor. :D Good luck!