Well, I'm usually not a huge fan of Halloween but I absolutely loved it this year! Brycen and I started out the weekend by making a trip to campus on Friday to see Daddy. Bryce's school building is a little over a mile from our apartment and since there isn't really any close parking and the bus ride takes as long as it does to walk (and they look at us like we are aliens; a baby is a RARE sight on campus/ let alone on the bus, so they LITERALLY stare at us the entire ride-the longest 17 minute ride of my life); so we decided to walk. On the way there, it started to sprinkle but wasn't bad at all; definitely worth it over the very awkward bus ride.
Brycen was a pumpkin and LOVED seeing Daddy!
"Hey, look! What's that?" Brycen is sooo good at looking away from the camera (sound familiar Uncle Mike, this picture is for you!)
Super pumpkin!
Sitting on Daddy's lunch bag.
We weren't as lucky on the walk home. It POURED 30 seconds after we left Bryce's building and ended 30 seconds after we arrived home (go figure). It was so bad with crazy wind, that I attempted to stop and wait out the rain at different campus buildings along the way. As soon as I stopped, it would start to just sprinkle so I would think, "let's make a break for it, since rain was expected all day; I can handle sprinkling". As soon as we started again, it would POUR, the wind would start up again; making everyone that even attempted to use an umbrella look like a fool so I layered up Brycen's legs (the only part of the stroller not covered) and decided to stick it out and go straight home. Make-up ran into my eyes making it almost impossible to see, my shoes were not even a tad-bit waterproof causing puddles to form within my shoes adding to quite the overall wet experience; somehow though, we did make it home. It will make a fun memory.
Brycen must've found the rain pretty soothing!
After Brycen went to bed that night, Bryce and Christi carved a pumpkin (Christi's first!) and then roasted the seeds--soo yummy! while watching a movie.
On Halloween, we all dressed up to go to a Halloween Party hosted by the community we live in. We were one of the VERY few entire families that dressed up; typically only the kids were dressed up. Lots of the international people took pictures of us and asked to take pictures with us...it was kinda weird.
I love this picture. "Daddy, you look silly!" Bryce was a clown.
I was the farmer that grew this pumpkin :)
Wearing Daddy's hat.
Our three pumpkins.
Brycen couldn't help it...too irresistible.
Glowing!
That night, Christi and Bryce finished the Halloween festivities dipping apples into homemade caramel.
1 comment:
lol! Brycen look so cute! And so do your jack-o-laterns!
Post a Comment