Monday, October 17, 2011

That time of year again!


Family Pictures. A love/hate relationship for me. I love looking at them after but picking out the outfits and making sure everything is perfect is always a bit stressful. This year it was tough because Brycen is in a weird phase of growing out of one size and not quite fitting the next and then there is the whole pregnancy wardrobe situation for me. Oh and it was an 80 degree October day. Summer heat with the background of Fall.

Once we did figure the outfits out, I thought this would by far be the easiest year because Brycen is old enough to know what to do and communicate. Well...he knows too much. He has known for a long time that it's a smile we want him to give for a camera...and so he will purposely look away and/or not give it. And then when Heidi-our wonderful photographer we have used for the 3rd Fall in a row- would kindly ask him to sit here or walk this way he would inform her, "I want to stand and/or walk this other way".

She handled it perfectly though and I love how the pictures seem to not only capture a few smiles but also, a few glimpses into our lives with a very independent 2 year old.




Part of the family too....






Brycen's smile is perfect in this one.




And...my personal favorite:

2 comments:

jenn + michael said...

SO.DANG.CUTE!!! I love, love, love them. And if I looked as cute as you pregnant, I would be more willing to take more pictures. :)

Lillian said...

Super cute!!! I can't believe you're due next month and you look so AMAZING!!!