Thursday, October 9, 2014

Well...I made it!

I'm officially 40 weeks pregnant today! 


Sadly, not much more to report on the pregnancy then that.  At my appointment last week, I was back to being 2cm dilated!! Wahoo!!...(right) but at least moving in the correct direction again....

In desperate measures to do anything to get this baby to come, I purchased a surprisingly-very-comfortable-to-sit-on, yoga ball.

That,of course, has become the new favorite toy.
Well, I've had my hospital bag (and the boys' overnight bags and lunch that I have to unpack and rotate as weather and time goes on) packed for weeks--I thought for sure that she would come early after all the moving and craziness this summer--and the house in constant order to be ready! Who knows when my last grocery trip with one child will be or what time of day she will come? So I'm constantly filling the fridge and freezer and doing laundry and vacuuming...It's truly exhausting....maybe, I'll just stop and she'll come when I'm the least ready :)  I'm also super uncomfortable, having Braxton Hick contractions like crazy, tired of making multiple runs to the potty at night, and SO ready to sleep on my back and tummy again. But really, none of it is new. I just can't wait to meet her!

Luckily, I have my awesome boys to keep me company and here is the latest.
So I've heard a thing or two about the Oregon rain so once it began a week or so ago, I immediately ordered some darling things to get us through. The DAY they arrived, it cleared up and has been nothing but sunny since! Hey, no complaints from me.


I LOVE spending my afternoons with this little man. But his character is sure something else. He is totally into not matching his shoes....on purpose. I will hide them at night (leaving out one complete match for him to grab) and he never fails to take the time to find the perfect combo the next day. For a few days, it was 2 different size crocs (and two different colors) but after finally accepting that one of the pairs was indeed too small--he had a horrible fall on the cement--he has moved on to something bigger.

Despite making it even harder for himself, Cian never has his shoes on the wrong feet! I'm pretty sure Brycen had his on the wrong feet up until this past year. Whenever I tried to correct them, Brycen would say, "It's okay Mom, I like it!".

They are SO excited for Halloween.
Daddy's blue tape indeed works better. Only 23 more days! Brycen is doing his count down thing.


Cian has this thing with slides. He never wants to go down them! Brycen begged him one day to do it and by the end, Cian was crying. "It's hairy!!" Hairy? Ha! Apparently, Cian HATES the static...and finally, I understand the "hairy" mystery. He's just like me, I hate getting shocked too. P.S. The park is the only place Cian wears matching shoes to...the bark chips drive him crazy.

Brycen had a Fun Run fundraiser for school. He was so serious about it (refused to walk even though he could). We came and cheered him on and he ran 44 laps! And is dying to do it again next year. He loved being one of the top 3 runners of his class (they all tied). The blisters and aches for the days after...not so much.

General Conference weekend was a success. The boys did awesome and we sure love hearing the Prophet's voice.






Pretty proud of his pattern for the Foot Loop/ Honeycomb necklace activity. It sure kept him busy!



SOO cute.
 For the past 6 years, I have had a tradition to make cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning General Conference. I try different recipes every time with high hopes to find a keeper (Bryce LOVES this tradition). I have made plenty of blah, or take-way-to-long-for-how-they-taste, or just way too rich, ones. This time through, they were AMAZING, easiest recipe so far, and remind me of the ones my mom made growing up! And I forgot to take a picture....but hey, I have my perfect recipe for April and maybe...forever. 

Other mentionables:

Our Brycen is sure growing up. We have always put our boys to bed by one of us sitting or laying in their room until they are asleep and then we leave. One night, Cian fell asleep on the way home from Grandma's and transferred into bed nicely and when I went to sit in the chair to wait for Brycen to fall asleep, he said: "It's okay Mom. Cian's asleep. You can go to bed".

While at the dinner table last night, I gave a recap to Daddy of our day including, "Brycen got both he and Cian breakfast this morning". Whereas Brycen replied, "I always do that".

Found 3 of these beauties (to sit at our counter) on Craigslist for $15. I love them and apparently, they come in handy in the morning!

Well...usually he does start to do it (which is awesome) but somewhere along the way, he needs my assistance; but yesterday, he did do the whole cereal routine and they both ate (and put their bowls in the sink) while I slept! They also know they if they want to watch a show before school, they need to do a few things like: make their bed, get dressed, say prayers, and brush their teeth. I overheard Brycen tell Cian one morning, "Cian, I'll make your bed. You go ahead and brush your teeth".

Oh, I love those moments.

Brycen is such a wonderful helper. Mother of 3? May, afterall, be possible...

oH and totally random: I have a goal to memorize :"The Living Christ" but I need someone to do it with me...so that I will actually do it.....Please??

5 comments:

*Janae* said...

Christi - I'll memorize The Living Christ with you! When I was a Laurel, I memorized The Family Proclamation. It was a challenge! I still remember most of it (the order gets switched in my brain though).

When do you want to memorize it by? Facebook me and let me know! :)

Tracy said...

I love Cian's non matching shoes! And I love that you just embrace it. :)

I'm so excited for your little girl to arrive and see pictures of her with her wonderful brothers!!

I think more about your new arrival than my own, that's why I keep texting you. I'm just so excited for you!

Naazju said...

I'm, lady, you don't get to say that you found the perfect cinnamon roll recipe and then not share it! When you've finished recovering from childbirth and all that jazz you need to post it! Even if there are no pictures! :)

Naazju said...

Ugh, that first word should say "um"--thank you, autocorrect, for changing what I told you more than once didn't need to be fixed. :/

jenn + michael said...

What were you saying what about still being pregnant? 😉