Monday, January 30, 2012

RIP

2 weeks ago, my beloved laptop died. I had no idea when I closed it for the night the night before, that it would be the last. Thus, explains my complete lack of blogging. Really, much technology all together. By the time Bryce comes home with his computer, and after dinner and boys are in bed--I'm beat and ready to hit the hay. No technology was really kind of nice until now that it's back, I realized how behind I am on this thing.

While on the subject, Brycen has entered a stage where he wants to know everything. His favorite question is "why? or what?" And recently we rented a movie from the library titled, "Iron Will". Towards the beginning, the main character's father falls into an icy river and doesn't come back. While watching it for the first time, a concerned Brycen immediately turns to me and asks, "Is his dad going to be okay, Mom?" Death. Something we haven't really discussed. And how to explain? While I stumbled on how to explain, Brycen then asked, "Where did he go?" I replied, "He's in Heaven, with Heavenly Father".

Well, our FHE discussion ended with Heaven tonight when Brycen asked where Jesus is. I then told Brycen that Daddy's Grandpa is in Heaven as well. And then asked him, "Who else is in Heaven?" And Brycen responded, "the dad from the movie".

His memory always amazes us and his love for learning is wonderful. He is very much into using me/mine/yours/ours/his/hers/etc. No longer refers to himself in third person and is always using comparisions. "That boy is small like me, Mom". "Cian has blue eyes like me". "You sneeze like me and Cian". And always making lots of observations. "The sun must be napping today Mommy, I can't see it" (It was a cloudly day). "Daddy smells like stinky flowers".

And a day doesn't go by without hugs and kisses for Cian. I still can't believe that Cian is over 3 months old. How time flies. Cian loves to smile, squeal, giggle, and poop. Adores both sleep and his older brother. And laughed for the first time tonight. So so fun.

And random fact: sunshine makes all three of my boys sneeze. Just one step outside is all it takes and Cian and Brycen will sneeze within a minute of doing so.

....hopefully a post with pictures will be coming soon.

3 comments:

Super Pi said...

Your boys all have helio-opthalmic outburst syndrome. The Bug Hero has it too. Due to this, he can't become a pilot, because no one wants their pilot to sneeze whenever they see the sun.

Becky said...

What a cute boy! I always love to read your updates on Brycen. He is a smart kid! My laptop is about to die any day too. Derek always reminds me to save my things often because one day it is going to not work anymore!

jenn + michael said...

I was getting close to having Michael call you and find out why we have no pictures or updates! Sorry for the loss of your computer that's not fun.